Accountancy Forum
Private study - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forum-the-profession)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forum-students)
+--- Thread: Private study (/thread-private-study)

Pages: 1 2

Private study - Masum - 03-18-2005

Someone was telling me as i'm a converson student, before I got into a frim I should do some exam papers and see if accountancy is for me.

I've been told you can get the ca without signing up with a firm i.e. through private study and paying only registration and exam fees. The only exceptions is the work exerience component in which case you have to sign up with a firm.

My questions are

1)How much of the couse can i complete through private study and how much needs to be done with a firm.
2)How do people do private study? Do you use a study guide or something? If so where can I get it, can you direct me to some resources etc.

Thank you

- Desert Sleet - 03-19-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Masum</i>
<br />Someone was telling me as i'm a converson student, before I got into a frim I should do some exam papers and see if accountancy is for me.

I've been told you can get the ca without signing up with a firm i.e. through private study and paying only registration and exam fees. The only exceptions is the work exerience component in which case you have to sign up with a firm.

My questions are

1)How much of the couse can i complete through private study and how much needs to be done with a firm.
2)How do people do private study? Do you use a study guide or something? If so where can I get it, can you direct me to some resources etc.

Thank you
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You can complete CA inter (module A-D) through private study and after it you have to sign up for a training contract with ICAP accredited firm. (module E-F)

---------------------------------------------
When The Going Gets Tough ... The Tough Gets Going ...

- Masum - 03-19-2005

ok. where do i get the course materials from? Can I get s complete study guide from somewhere or something? past exam papers and the like?

- maani - 03-20-2005

Hi Masum,
I am doing CA privately. I have just attempted Mod. C examinations. The syllabus booklet (yellow book) of ICAP will help u a lot. Past papers will tell you how to prepare for the exams and what will be the style of papers...try to remain in contact with those who have previously attempted the exams and passed them...and one more thing that you can only join this stream if you are a graduate...

Ace

- MALIK FARRUKH - 03-21-2005

HI GUYS I AM DOING CA IAM IN MODUAL A CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW I DO CA PRIVAT WAT'S THE PROCEDURE FOR IT PLZ TELL ME THE COMPLETE INFORMATION ABOUT IT

mfarrukh.

- maani - 03-21-2005

Hi Farrukh,
If you're having a background of Economics and Statistics(Mathematics) then you can easily adopt self study in Module A...The very first thing to do is to read the contents of your syllabus...then mark the refrence books that you ll be using for prepration...some books that I used while preparing for Module A were

K.K Dewit, Habibullah Vaseer's (Intermediate Economics), Mconell n Brue for the subject of "Economics and Finance"

Badnick's, M.M Mirza, Carvan's Intermediate Statistics for "Quantitative Methods"

Study Text for "Functional English"

After finishing each topic I used to check my knowledge by going through past exam. papers...

Regarding procedure, if u got registered with ICAP then just wait for the opening date for the submission of examination forms... that will probably starts from mid July...then submit ur examination form to ICAP...thatz all about the procedure...

any thing else that u want to know...

Ace

- MALIK FARRUKH - 03-22-2005

maani
iam doing ca not privately yet iam in raets but i now decided after modual a do ca privately can it is possible

mfarrukh.

- maani - 03-22-2005

If u have have registered urself as an MFC then u have to give up ur registration and needs to re-register urself with ICAP as a PFC...thatz the only requirement...

anything else?

Ace

- MALIK FARRUKH - 03-23-2005

maani thanks but doing ca private make some difference in ur paper clearness in icap so as iam doing mfc so when i start pfc so its just canel the rigestration of mfc and also my money was waste so after mfc a can i joon pfc b

mfarrukh.

- maani - 03-23-2005

You have to clear CA Inter (Mod A,B,C,D) as an MFC or as a PFC, so you cannot convert urself into PFC after Module A...If u want to make the conversion then this is the only time...otherwise just carry on with the same MFC registration...

Ace

- MALIK FARRUKH - 03-24-2005

thanks for whr i can register my self as pfc

mfarrukh.

- MALIK FARRUKH - 03-24-2005

and how and is graduate is necessary for pfc

mfarrukh.

- maani - 03-30-2005

yeah graduation is a must...
contact ICAP house for registration...

Ace

- MALIK FARRUKH - 03-31-2005

but i want to to do it with out so wat i have to can i do it with out graduation and wat is on traning ca

mfarrukh.

- turithegreat - 04-13-2005

dear masoom You can complete CA inter (module A-D) through private study and after it you have to sign up for a training contract with ICAP accredited firm. (module E-F)