Accountancy Forum
Can we do CA after completing ACCA training - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forum-the-profession)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forum-students)
+--- Thread: Can we do CA after completing ACCA training (/thread-can-we-do-ca-after-completing-acca-training)

Can we do CA after completing ACCA training - turithegreat - 04-11-2005

[)]salam all of you.my question is that can we do C.A after completing our full ACCA and also completing three years training.now if it is possible then how many papers of C.A left after full ACCA and also three years experience.and how many years C.A take after ACCA and three years training.i shall wait for all your answer[?][?][?][?][?][?]

- ali4u3 - 04-12-2005

3 years training + papers of module E and F

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- turithegreat - 04-13-2005

salam thanks ali but yaar please clear me that how many years C.A takes after ACCA and also three years of ACCA experience

- ali4u3 - 04-13-2005

after qualifing ACCA papers if u start u training as a CA rigistered student ( exemptions lenay kay baad) then 3 years ....and module E + F and this 3 years training will also countable in ACCA....but if u complete ur training of ACCA without reigstring urself AS a CA trineeeSTudent anf claming exemption then it will take more 3 years + E+F modules..

this will clear u by the following
ACCA (qualify without training) starts CA training (after exemptions of modules A,B,C,D)and appear in module E+F and clear it ..Wink = ACCA < CA (complete Training + papers )

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- Desert Sleet - 04-13-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by turithegreat</i>
<br />[)]salam all of you.my question is that can we do C.A after completing our full ACCA and also completing three years training.now if it is possible then how many papers of C.A left after full ACCA and also three years experience.and how many years C.A take after ACCA and three years training.i shall wait for all your answer[?][?][?][?][?][?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This depends. Lets take two examples.

Mr.A Completes ACCA and 3yrs work experience but doesnt gets himself registered in CA firm during Articleship. If he wants wants to Qualify CA now he will be exempted from mod A-D, will Appear in mod E-F, and will again have to complete 3 yrs articleship again but this time around from a ICAP registered firm.

Another Case

Mr B Completes ACCA and then Applies for exemption in CA. The procedure is very simple, he just get the exemption form from ICAP fills it out and submits it (along with the fee), it takes around 10 to 20 daysbefore receiving an exemption letter from ICAP stating that he is eligible to register himself as trainee student with any firm of chartered accoutants from the date of the application for the exemption. He then undergoes the articleship of three years, during which he appears in Module E and F of ICAP. The articleship wll count simultaneously as Expereince of ICAP and ACCA. So after 3 yrs he will be ACCA + ACA

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- turithegreat - 04-14-2005

thanks all of you thank you very much